So, you didn't turn in a Shoebox by the November 24th deadline, well that's okay! You can still build a shoebox online if you would like...Just go to samaritanspurse.org/Operationchristmaschild and you can build a box just in time for Christmas for a needy child. And next year you can build an actual shoebox to bring to church!
Every year at this time we partner with Samaritan's Purse to pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. What is Operation Christmas Child? Glad you asked...
Operation Christmas Child is a fun and easy project that anyone can get involved in. Through simple gifts Operation Christmas Child brings good news and great joy to children all over the world. Basically, you and your family pack a shoebox with little things children would like, then Samaritan's Purse adds a Gospel booklet and sends them to children in need all over the world. The children experience the love of Christ through these simple gifts and they get the Gospel message in their own language.
OUR 2019 GOAL IS 250 SHOEBOXES!!!!.
How can you help?
1. Pack a Shoebox (or 3)
2. Pray for the children receiving the shoeboxes
3. Volunteer to pack the cartons on the 24th
4. Tell your friends and encourage them to get involved
5. Donate money to cover the shipping costs
Visit the display in the foyer with the green and red boxes for more information or contact Betsy Branson 505-870-2587
1. Pick up a red and green cardboard shoebox in the foyer or you can purchase a plastic one at
Hobby Lobby. (Please try to use the red and green Operation Christmas Child printed boxes).
2. Choose the sex and age-range of the child you want to provide a box for.
3. Fill the box with a "wow" toy, school supplies, hygiene items, other gifts. (Be sure to pick up a
"How to Pack a Shoebox" flyer for specific dos and donts and age ranges).
4. Include $9 in your box to cover the shipping cost.
5. Return the box to the church by Sunday, November 24 at NOON.
6. Pray for the recipient of your box.